Our concussion program includes physiotherapy assessment, treatment, and education for all ages who have sustained an acute concussion or for those experiencing chronic and persistent concussion symptoms. Our rehabilitation approach addresses: the cervical spine, cognitive function, dizziness, vestibular dysfunction, affective disturbances, headaches, and cardiovascular abnormalities. Our concussion management program includes goal setting and treatment plans for return to sport, work, and school. At Active Balance Physiotherapy Studio we are here to support you and help you return to activities you love. Our concussion approach is primarily physiotherapy and exercise based, with referrals made to other rehabilitation professionals as needed.
We recommend booking your first 5 visits which will generally fit into the following format:
- Session 1: Assessment, treatment planning, and initial concussion management advice.
- Session 2: Develop and review individualized exercise program.
- Session 3: Check-in on exercise program, hands on treatment as indicated.
- Session 4: Check-in and adjust exercise program, hands on treatment as indicated.
- Session 5: Check-in and adjust exercise program, hands on treatment as indicated. Possible discharge planning.